According to Clearwater County Sheriff Chris Goetz, the cause of the camper fire that occurred Saturday, July 3 on Cold Springs Road off Loseth Road, near Orofino, was an electronic malfunction with the refrigerator. The Idaho State Fire Marshal’s Office had been investigating the fire since the incident occurred and recently made that determination.

According to an earlier Clearwater County Sheriff’s Office report, the victims of the fire, who were determined to have died from smoke inhalation, were Jennifer Patricia Brink, 35, and Jeffrey Nelson, 36, both of Lewiston.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.