- Must put people and the well-being of their constituents before power, party or politics.
- Must support adequate funding for public education.
- Must be committed to treating all people fairly, with kindness and respect.
- Must support good governance and effective use of public resources.
- Must have community service experience.
- Must be willing to research issues, work collaboratively with others, and potentially change a position when faced with new information.
Elected offices include: school, hospital, library, highway and fire district boards of directors; city councils and county boards of commissioners; state senate and House of Representatives; and federal senate and House of Representatives.
For information on filing and reporting requirements contact your county elections office.