The Nez Perce Tribe (Tribe) 2020 Fall General Council (GC) has been rescheduled to take place on Oct. 15, 16, and 17 at the Pi-Nee-Waus Community Center in Lapwai. This new date is potentially subject to change, based on the regional COVID-19 situation. Notice will be provided of any additional changes.
The event was originally scheduled to occur the last full weekend of September, but was postponed because of restrictions on large gatherings implemented by the Tribe in response to the threat of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Knowing the pandemic is not over, the GC Committee wants to ensure everyone’s health and safety during the GC meetings, especially the elderly and vulnerable. The GC leadership met with the Tribe’s Emergency Operations Command and Nimiipuu Health for recommendations on how to best conduct the GC meetings in a safe manner. Those recommended protocols will be enacted during the gathering.
The following protocols will be in place during the 2020 Fall GC:
• Face masks are required to enter General Council
• Encouraged social/physical distancing, markers will be placed to help facilitate
• Households can sit together, but must be six feet away from other households
• Discouragement of hugging or shaking hands
• All food items will be prepackaged
• Bottled beverages will be available
• Coffee and fountain soda will be served by attendants only
• Prepackaged creamer, sugar, and sweetener will be provided
• Hand sanitizer and Kleenex will be available
• Stands/tables will be sanitized before and after the meeting
• Microphone will be sanitized after each use
• All handouts will be placed in bags for pick up