December 5, 2013

Licenses, tags go on sale starting Sunday

   When 2014 licenses and tags go on sale this Sunday, hunters and anglers have a new option this year to buy a three-year license, adding convenience to a small savings.

   Nonresidents can now buy licenses, deer and elk tags.

   Residents also can buy 2014 hunting licenses starting that day, and they can buy a receipt for deer and elk tags, which don't go on sale until after deer, elk and pronghorn controlled hunt drawings.

   Hunters can redeem the receipt for a deer or elk tag after the controlled hunt drawings in July so those whose names are drawn don't have to exchange their general season tags for controlled hunt tags at a Fish and Game office. Instead the controlled hunt winners are simply issued a controlled hunt tag at any license vendor. The rest are issued general season tags.