November 21, 2013

Nonresident tag sales start Dec. 1

By Niels Nokkentved, IDFG

   The 2014 licenses, tags and permits go on sale at 12:01 a.m. MST, Sunday, Dec. 1.

   Nonresidents can buy licenses, deer and elk tags beginning Sunday, Dec. 1. Residents also can buy 2014 hunting licenses starting Sunday, and they can buy a receipt for deer and elk tags, which don't go on sale until after deer, elk and pronghorn controlled hunt drawings.

   Hunters can redeem the receipt for a deer or elk tag after the controlled hunt drawings in July so those whose names were drawn don't have to exchange their general season tags for controlled hunt tags at a Fish and Game office. Instead the controlled winners are simply issued a controlled hunt tag at any license vendor. The rest are issued general season tags.

   Nonresident hunters can buy their licenses and tags at Fish and Game offices, any license vendor, or by credit card by calling 1-800-554-8685. They can also buy them online at the Fish and Game Website at www.fishandgame.idaho. gov.

   Big game hunters can find more information on the sale and purchase of tags for residents and nonresidents on pages 112-115 of the Idaho 2013 Big Game Seasons and Rules booklet.