CLEARWATER TRIBUNE HOME
February 14, 2013
By Niels Nokkentved, IDFG
Idaho Fish and Game plans several public meetings around the state to discuss 2013 big game seasons and rules.
Anticipated season proposals that may be considered include:
- Increased black bear season length and mountain lion bag limit and season length in the Panhandle.
- Youth/disabled vet extra tag hunt on private lands in the Clearwater Region.
- Predation management plans in areas where elk remain below objectives, in the Southwest Region.
- Four new hunts to reduce elk depredation in the Magic Valley Region.
- Reallocating A tags from nonresident to resident in Diamond Creek elk zone in the Southeast Region.
- Reallocating capped Salmon elk zone from nonresident to resident in the Salmon Region.
Comments taken at the meetings will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission at the March 19 meeting when big game seasons are set.
Some public meetings have been set; others will be announced when they are set.
Open house meeting from
on March 7 at the Coeur d'Alene Inn, Best Western Plus on Appleway at US Highway