CLEARWATER TRIBUNE HOME
April 21, 2011
By Ed Mitchell, IDFG
But this year's return of
Chinook salmon appears to be late, and anglers shouldn't expect many fish to be
River fishing is really slow right now. Be safe - many rivers are flooding.
Chinook fishing seasons will
open in the
Closing dates will be announced by Fish and Game.
The possession limit is 12; only six may be adults.
The statewide annual limit is 20 adult Chinook in the 2011 seasons closing before Sept. 1.
Daylight fishing hours will be published in the season brochure available at fishing license vendors and Fish and Game offices.
Waters that open April 23 are:
· Middle - from the Cherrylane Bridge upstream to the Orofino Bridge, excluding the perimeter of Dworshak National Fish Hatchery at Ahsahka, and excluding the ladder to the Nez Perce Tribal Hatchery as marked by posted boundaries about 100 yards upstream and downstream of the ladder and extending into the river about 50 yards.
· Upper - from the Orofino Bridge upstream to the South Fork Clearwater River.
North Fork Clearwater: From the mouth to the Dworshak Dam, excluding the perimeter of the Dworshak National Hatchery at Ahsahka.
South Fork Clearwater: From its mouth to the confluence of the American and Red rivers.
Middle Fork Clearwater: From the South Fork upstream to the confluence of the Lochsa and Selway rivers.
Lochsa River: From its mouth to the Twin Bridges immediately upstream from the confluence of Crooked Fork and Colt Killed Creeks.
· Pine Bar - From the Rice Creek Bridge upstream to the posted boundary about 200 yards downstream of the Hammer Creek boat ramp.
· Hammer Creek - From a posted boundary about 200 yards downstream from the Hammer Creek boat ramp upstream to the U.S. Highway 95 Time Zone Bridge.
· Park Hole - From the Time Zone Bridge upstream to a posted boundary at the mouth of Short's Creek, about 1.4 miles upstream of the mouth of the Little Salmon River.
From the mouth to a posted boundary about 200 yards upstream of the mouth of the
from the posted boundary about 200 yards upstream of the
From the Dug Bar boat ramp
All these waters will remain
open until further notice. All salmon anglers 14 years old and older must have a
Additional information is available on the Fish and Game website at http://fishandgame. idaho.gov/cms/fish/rules/chinook_seasons/.
Take Me Fishing Trailer
Interested in teaching others your love of angling? Bring your family and friends to Idaho Fish and Game's Take Me Fishing Trailer program. It's free and open to everyone. Equipment, bait and instruction provided. Participants do not need a fishing license. Just show up.
· Sunday, April 24 - 9 a.m. to at Robinson Pond, Kamiah
Saturday, April 30
at Hordemann Pond,
Sportsmen's Report sponsored by John and Lorraine Weiland
Riverside Sport Shop/Sinclair
11320 U.S. Highway 12, Orofino--208-476-5418
Click here to see their web page