CLEARWATER TRIBUNE HOME
FEBRUARY 4, 2010
February 4, 2010
A sure cure for cabin fever - the spring steelhead season is under way, but anglers will need a 2010 fishing license and steelhead permit.
Spring steelhead season is open on the:
· Salmon River from its mouth to the posted boundary 100 yards downstream of the Sawtooth Fish Hatchery weir, near the town of Stanley.
· Little Salmon River from its mouth to the U.S. Highway 95 bridge near Smokey Boulder Road.
· Snake River from the Washington state line at the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater rivers upstream to Oxbow Dam.
· Clearwater River mainstem and Middle Fork Clearwater River from its mouth to Clear Creek.
· North Fork Clearwater River from its mouth to Dworshak Dam.
· South Fork Clearwater River from its mouth to the confluence of American and Red Rivers.
· Boise River from its mouth to the Barber Dam.
The season runs through April 30 in most areas, except:
· On the Salmon River from Lake Creek Bridge to Long Tom Creek, about a quarter mile upstream of the Middle Fork, the season ends Mar. 31.
· On the Little Salmon River the season runs through May 15.
· On the Snake River from Hells Canyon Dam upstream to Oxbow Dam, and on the Boise River upstream to Barber Dam, the season ends May 31.
Sportsmen's Report sponsored by John and Lorraine Weiland
Riverside Sport Shop/Sinclair
11320 U.S. Highway 12, Orofino--208-476-5418
Click here to see their web page